New research guide on Special Procedures has been published.
The new guide on human rights Special Procedures compiles a wide variety of resources to provide you with the fullest possible information on this central piece of the United Nations human rights system.
Watch this short video to know more: https://youtu.be/ZyVpyzSUGhk
In the Guide:
- Historical and current information
- All mandates – from special procedures mandates established by the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in 1952 to the latest mandates established by the Human Rights Council.
- Rules of procedures of functional commissions of the ECOSOC and methods of work of the Human Rights Commission and the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights, as well as the Institution-building of the United Nations Human Rights Council and the Code of Conduct for Special Procedures Mandate-holders of the Human Rights Council.
- Country and thematic mandates – all mandates are grouped either by country or by a broad theme; in the thematic mandates, you can also find the mandates that were suggested but not approved.
- Reports – most of the reports submitted by the special procedures are available online. Some older reports are not yet digitized and can be accessed at the UNOG Library.
- Principles/best practices developed by some thematic mandate holders.
- List of mandate holders – all mandates holders and their titles listed in alphabetical order. The names are linked to their respective mandates.
- Link to books on special procedures available at the OHCHR Library
- RSS feed to journal articles on special procedures
- Links to the OHCR Youtube channel on special procedures