Updates from UNODA
- Nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation
- Strengthening of the disarmament regimes in respect to other weapons of mass destruction, and chemical and biological weapons
- Disarmament efforts in the area of conventional weapons, especially landmines and small arms
Greetings from the UNOG Library!
This resource guide provides links to the main UN offices and organs, international institutions, and instruments for disarmament.
Please find below links to research guides containing resources (UN Documents, non-UN publications, databases, and websites) by type of weapon:
- Biological weapons
- Chemical weapons
- Nuclear weapons
- Conventional weapons
- Landmines and Explosive Remnants of War (developed with Dag Hammarskjöld Library at United Nations Headquarters)
- UN Documentation: Disarmament (guide created and maintained by the Dag Hammarskjöld Library at United Nations Headquarters)
Disarmament at UNOG
The Palais des Nations is a center venue for international diplomacy in this field. It is home to the Conference on Disarmament - the sole multilateral disarmament negotiating body - and provides, through the Geneva Branch of the Office for Disarmament Affairs, substantive and organisational support to a wide range of multilateral disarmament agreements.