Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
About the Human Rights Timeline
The Human Rights Timeline is your guide to the history of human rights development through official documents of the United Nations:
- reports and resolutions of the Commission on Human Rights and Human Rights Council,
- including detailed voting data on each resolution
- treaties, conventions and declarations and
- human rights conferences.
The guide complements the information that researchers can currently find on the OHCHR website.
We welcome your comments and suggestions concerning this resource guide. Please send any recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Rights Document Search
- Charter-based Bodies database - search by document symbol or UN charter-based human rights body with limits for session number, type of document, country, subject, and mandate
- Treaty-based Bodies database - search by state/region, Committee, type of document, and limit your search by document symbol and date range. No keyword search
- Universal Human Rights Index of United Nations Documents - search this database for documents on human rights in specific countries related to the Treaty Bodies, the Special Procedures and the Universal Periodic Review (UPR)
- Jurisprudence - access to jurisprudence emanating from the United Nations Treaty Bodies which receive and consider complaints from individuals
Reports of the High Commissioner: